- Uncomplicated patients are discharged day 6-7.
- Aberdeen, Dundee and Inverness patients are transferred when stable as an in-patient to their local Renal Unit, usually 5-7 days post-operatively.
- Patients may be discharged home or to an inpatient bed at the referring hospital. This should be agreed between discharging and receiving teams.
Transfer to Referring Renal Unit
- Contact the centre before and on day of discharge.
- A copy of the discharge letter (medical and nursing) with a computer printout of the biochemistry and haematology results should accompany patient on transfer and/or faxed to receiving unit. NO INFORMATION REGARDING THE DECEASED DONOR SHOULD BE INLCUDED IN THIS SUMMARY ACCOMPANYING THE PATIENT.
- A patient transfer summary should also be completed and emailed to the parent unit. This document contains donor information in addition to operation details, radiology and pathology reports (see appendix).